Slingshot Wallet can now connect to your Ledger Nano X via Bluetooth. You can now see, manage, and swap what's in your Ledger wallet using Slingshot Wallet. Every transaction generated through Slingshot Wallet will require your signature using your Ledger device.
In this article, we will guide you on setting it up and signing transactions. You will need a Ledger Nano X that is already setup with the desired wallet address that you would like to import into Slingshot Wallet.
Setting up your Ledger
1. First, make sure your Ledger is unlocked, with the Ethereum app open, and Bluetooth enabled. On the Slingshot side, ensure that you are using the latest version of the mobile app.
2. Navigate to your wallets and tap on "Add Wallet."
3. Tap on "Connect hardware wallet." If your Ledger is turned on, unlocked, with Bluetooth enabled, and the Ethereum app running, it will appear in the app. Tap on it.
4. You will now see a list of all your Ethereum wallets stored on your Ledger. Select the one you want to use with Slingshot Wallet. Once selected, go to your Ledger device. Read and sign the message displayed on your Ledger.
5. Congratulations! Your Ledger wallet has successfully synced with Slingshot Wallet. You can now assign it a name and customize its card skin.
Your Ledger is now ready to be used with Slingshot Wallet. While you can view your wallet, remember that every transaction you create will require signing with your Ledger device.
Since your private keys are stored in your Ledger and not in Slingshot Wallet, you will need to open your Ledger hardware wallet each time you want to sign a transaction. In this example, we will guide you through signing a swap transaction on Slingshot.
We have already funded this wallet with some ETH on Arbitrum. We want to swap $1 worth of ETH for USDC
You will be prompted to approve this transaction on your Ledger. If you haven't enabled this setting yet, your Ledger will display the message "Blind Signing must be enabled in Settings," and the transaction will be cancelled.
Blind Signing is the process of confirming a smart contract interaction without verifying it in a human-readable language. Ledger is eliminating the need for blind signing by displaying full smart contract details on their trusted device. However, blind signing may still be necessary when using apps outside of Ledger's ecosystem. Given Slingshot Wallet is outside Ledger's ecosystem, you need to have this setting turned on.
Once you have Blind Signing enabled, you can proceed to create the transaction again. You will be prompted to review and confirm the transaction on your Ledger. Your Ledger will display the transaction details for your review. Verify the details and accept the transaction. Once confirmed, the transaction will be completed on Slingshot. Swap successful!
You can use Slingshot Wallet with the following Ledger devices and connection methods:
Ledger Nano X
Ledger Nano S
Please make sure to check the compatibility of your specific Ledger device with Slingshot Wallet before use.